Monday, April 25, 2011

"I'm Praying For You"

James 5:16 "The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with."


This weekend I went to see Water For Elephants (great movie), and I ran into one of the students who graduated from the Rock Youth Ministry two years back. We caught up and laughed, but she made it a point to repeatedly tell me, "I just want you to know I've been praying for you."


As Christians, we almost overuse this phrase - "I'll pray for you." Honestly, there have been times I've said it just to shut someone up so I can hurry up and get outta church and get to lunch. It's the "brush off" comment that seems to finish up conversations and cover all the bases.


BUT, this year, I can't even begin to count how many people have texted, facebooked, emailed or looked straight into my eyes and said to me, "I'm praying for you." It hasn't been a "brush off", but people legitimately having compassion for my situation and praying for me. I don't even feel worthy to have so many people consistently praying for me. It's really humbling - who am I to have so many care?


So this post is simply to tell all those people, whether I know you or not, whether you've said a 30 second prayer or 7 months worth of prayers - T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U. It's not always easy growing up as a Pastor's daughter. It seems as though people watch my every move and expect me to be perfect. It's frustrating "sharing" my father with 2,000 other people (who all seem to always "need" him) since I was 11. It's rips your heart out when people come to the church only to leave a year later. It's sad when the media lies. It hurts when people believe those lies. Sometimes, it's just plain hard to hold your head up and keep going with so many people judging you and your family.


BUT, it's all worth it for times like these - when you realize that an entire church family loves you, and is holding you up in prayer. And the Bible says that prayers from those living holy lives are powerful. Throughout this whole struggle, I have felt this unreal strength that is not of myself. I know it's bigger than me. And I know it's because of your prayers. I am MORE than blessed. Thank you ;)


P.S. Easter was Amazing! What an incredible day. FFC was packed, the music from @philstacey was incredible and @Jerry_Johnston brought the Word and people's hearts were changed. Here's some pics...












We were practicing our trio before services started and LESLIE broke the piano. Bahaha. Wonder if anyone has noticed yet!



I just love the behind the scenes action at church that no one ever knows about. Five minutes before the first service started Deej's song got cut for time sake. Then Dad decided he wanted it so they threw it back in at the end of worship set. Talk about being ready at any minute! Dresses falling down...me chilling out in the bathroom when I'm supposed to be on stage, sweat dripping off Phil's head - ha. I love it.


We sang Kari Jobe's new "O the blood" - it was a blast.


The grandchildren with "O" and "Papa" at brunch! Gotta love Easter brunch. I think I consumed more than I did at Thanksgiving!


I LOVE being an aunt! And I love Lily's face in this picture, ha. These kids affectionately call me "Gigi", and I really don't know why. I love spoiling them, especially if it's on O and Papa's dime (don't tell them I said that). I also adore teaching them life lessons such as how to ding-dong-ditch someone and how to properly apply mascara. Can't wait to have my own one day :)


The newest member of our family, but hopefully not for long. We're hoping for a boy from Jer and Audg next...


Could she be any cuter?


"No, Lily, Jeff definitely would not mind if you borrowed his Visa." ;)


Ah, siblings. Can't live with 'em, but definitely can't live without them!



How did you spend your Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment