Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good Reads

What you probably don't know about me, is that...I'm a HUGE bookworm. I love to read! (Pretty sure I got this from my Dad, and if you've never seen his collection of books, you are seriously missing out. We're talking 8th wonder of the world.) A few months ago, when I packed up everything from my house, I sold all my books and I'm still a little sad about it. But hey, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I had to pay my lawyer somehow! So here's what I'm currently reading...


Plan B by Pete Wilson
I seriously feel like this book was written for ME. The tag line is, "What to do when God doesn't show up the way you thought He would." Wilson writes about what to do when your dream from the Plan A life you were banking on is shattered and how God is still in the redemption of Plan B. This book is simply about when life doesn't go as planned and it's been a really encouraging book. I'm sure I will be tweeting (@jenileenicole) many lines from this book in the next week or so.
Buy it here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Plan-What-Doesnt-Thought-Would/dp/0849946506/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303308572&sr=8-2


The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker
Dekker is my all-time favorite fiction writer. He doesn't waste time on meaningless details, but jumps right into an action packed story. His books remind me of the Bourne movies or the TV show, 24. I got this book as a gift yesterday, so that person is definitely on my good side! :)
Buy it here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Priests-Graveyard-Ted-Dekker/dp/159995334X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303309267&sr=1-1

Other than that...
Remember my broken windows? Just found out that I have to replace the ENTIRE roof. Ha. I literally laughed out loud when I heard that one. Safe to say, nothing shocks me anymore. So, here we go again... There's an open house upcoming for my house so pray for a buyer! Alright, that's it. Have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I like Ted Dekker too. He's not something that I would have chosen to read on my own so I'm glad Cody introduced me to him.

    I've heard good things about Plan B too!

    Praying for a buyer for your house!!! I called you on Monday but couldn't leave a message because your voicemail was full. :( Hope we can chat soon!

    ReplyDelete