Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My First Song

This Sunday, we played the song I wrote with Danny Davis. Check it out and let me know what you think!

I Come To You
Verse 1:
Broken I come to You
My shelter in the pouring rain
In my weakness, You're made stronger
And I begin to see

Chorus:
At the foot of the cross
Is where I'm finally free
Though broken and bruised
You've restored me
Now take these chains and throw them away

Verse 2:
Broken I come to You
My cure for the pain
For Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light
And I begin to see

Bridge:
You found me
You bought me
You opened my eyes
Now take me and change me for the rest of my life

Music has been a huge outlet for me. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it brings so much peace to my mind. My favorite time of the entire week is Saturday afternoon, practicing worship music with a bunch of high schoolers. (Shout out to Billy, David, Danny, Lauren, Gabby, and Katie - I love you all like little brothers and sisters. You have continually made me laugh! Especially when David threatens to stop playing if Billy plays "Only You" Raggae style. ha...)

I think the next song I attempt to write will come from this Scripture:
2 Sam 7:18-21
King David went in, took his place before God, and prayed: "Who am I, my Master God, and what is my family, that you have brought me to this place in life? But that's nothing compared to what's coming, for you've also spoken of my family far into the future, given me a glimpse into tomorrow, my Master God! What can I possibly say in the face of all this? You know me, Master God, just as I am. You've done all this not because of who I am but because of who you are—out of your very heart!—but you've let me in on it.

These verses captivate me. So often, we as people just continually cry out to God to give, bless, fix, judge, help, restore, renew...and the list goes on. But, here David just simply says, "Dang God, WHO AM I to even receive any of these blessings from you? I'm a nobody and I don't deserve it."

How cool - for God to "let David in" on the secret of his future. I would give anything for God to give me just a quick vision of what He has in store for me. It would make the present much more bearable. Hate to say it, but I'm jealous of David. I wish I could see what God has waiting down the road for me. So yeah, I think I will try to write a song about this.

That's all ;)

1 comment: