Saturday, March 5, 2011

Larry


The last six months have not been easy, but I would not change anything that has happened to me. Back in November, I started going to the Hope Care Center with the Tarchala's on Thursday nights. Hope Care takes care of around 15 patients with AIDS and HIV. Every Thursday, we lead worship and a Bible Study. Hope Care gave me so much perspective that I desperately needed. For weeks, I was feeling so sorry for myself...until I met Larry. I'll never forget that first night. Larry is confined to a wheel chair and he talked about how much healthier he felt and how his dream was to be able to walk again. Larry would always say, "I wake up each morning and say two things: There is a God and I am not Him!" Thank God for Larry. Here I was feeling sorry for myself and my misfortunes, when this man could not even WALK, yet he possessed peace and the "joy of the Lord". 


A few weeks ago, Larry started having high blood pressure. One morning he was non-responsive and was taken to the ER. He was taken off life support this week and last night went home to be with Jesus. I can't believe he is gone already. I will miss him. I am glad he isn't hurting anymore. I love you Larry. Can't wait to see you one day. Thank you for being you - you helped me more than you'll know and you are forever my friend. Jen


James 4:14 "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jen! A very pointiant reminder of the struggle we face to keep our hearts centered on the power of knowing who we are in Christ.

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete